I discovered something disturbing this weekend. I’m not really sure that I should I share it. But, I guess knowledge is power and it’s already out there all over Pinterest, so here goes.
You can make fudge with three ingredients in the microwave.
Terrifying, I know. With very minimal effort and time spent, you get fudge. I remember making the fudge recipe off of the Fluff container and I’m pretty sure that it required double boilers and lots of stirring over a hot stove. This recipe requires dumping things in a bowl, pressing buttons on the microwave and minimal stirring. Also one hour of waiting for the fudge to set up, which might be the hardest part of the whole thing.
1 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tsp vanilla
1. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 1 minute.
3. Remove from microwave, add vanilla and stir to combine until all of the chocolate is melted. Microwave additional 30 seconds if necessary.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into a square, parchment paper lined baking pan.
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set the fudge.
6. Lock your refrigerator with a timing lock that only allows you to open it long enough to take out one piece of fudge every 24 hours.
This was really, really good. I really want to try to figure out how to add a coffee flavor to it to mimic the Espresso Fudge I get at my favorite fudge place, Kellerhaus, in New Hampshire. And once I figure out espresso, maybe I’ll try mint, and then pumpkin and then whatever else I can think of.
What I love about fudge, other than the fudge, is that this makes a great holiday snacking dessert and also a great handmade gift. Pop these into tin and you have a great holiday gift for your kids teachers or hostess gift.