I wasn’t going to post this because it was so crazy easy, but then I took some pictures and I just adore how it came out, so I decided to do a quickie tutorial.
Embroidery Floss – I used three different colors and 1-2 skeins (? is that what that’s called? the little packet thingies the embroidery floss comes in?) And mine was ombre floss, not solid. You can choose whatever suits your fancy.
Skewer – Like you use to make a kabob (or you can look in your yard for a stick. Which I totally would have done if we didn’t have literally four feet of snow outside).
Wood beads – Coordinated to your chosen colors
1. Decide how long you want your embroidery floss to be. Cut a piece that is double that in size and then fold it in half and tie it with a loop knot around the skewer.
2. Repeat step 1 like a million times with each color of embroidery floss. Not really a million, but it will feel like a million.
3. String some beads randomly on your embroidery floss and secure with a knot.
4. Trim the bottom of the floss into a shape you enjoy. I like triangle. You might like straight across. Someone else might go for willy nilly lengths. It’s totally up to you.
4. Use another piece of embroidery floss as a hanger.
Done, son. You can google loop knot, by the way. I don’t have the kind of brain that can explain to you how to do that.