I made my most favorite thing I’ve ever made today. Irish Nachos. Basically, thinly sliced potatoes topped with cheese and bacon. So easy and so ridiculously good. I’m not going to tell you this is healthy, but I am going to tell you that it is gluten free.
1 Large Red Potato
1 c Mexican blend shredded cheese
1/4 cooked bacon, crumbled
1 T sour cream, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Thinly slice the potato. I used my Pampered Chef slicer, which I adore and use all the time.
3. Sprinkle potato slices with salt and pepper
4. Top potato slices with cheese and bacon
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes
6. Serve with a dollop of sour cream
Up next is a quick and also very yummy Enchilada Casserole. This one is also gluten free!
12 White Corn Tortillas
1 small can Enchilada sauce
1/2 packet Taco seasoning
1lb. Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 small can black beans
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Mix beans, enchilada sauce and taco seasoning in a bowl
3. Using an 8×8, spoon a small amount of enchilada sauce mixture into the bottom of the pan
4. Line the pan with four tortillas
5. Layer the tortillas with sauce mixture, chicken, 3 dollops of sour cream and cheese
6. Repeat the layering with the remaining tortillas, using only cheese and sauce on last layer
I’m actually looking forward to work so that I can eat this for lunch tomorrow!